Sunday, October 7, 2007

Communications with Ken Hall

Ken,

As an attendee to the Osoyoos Water Lake Forum, let me say how much I enjoyed your presence. Your energy and concern and especially your common sense, came across strongly.

In particular, I liked your idea of a measuring well below the septic lagoons at the golf course to be monitored by students. I know the students were excited by the prospect of hands on field work. I talked to Stu Wells (long time old buddy of mine) about the project and he is very interested in driving it forward. If I can do anything in that regard, let
me know.

Congratulations Ken, and keep up the good work.

Yours truly,
Fred Schiller
fred@fredschillerboomgear.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear Fred:

It would be good to get some students monitoring the quality of the Osoyoos well water.
Over the next few months, I plan to get all of the nutrient data that I can from the Provincial government to see if I can start to understand why the concentration of P in Osoyoos Lake is double that of Okanagan Lake when Okanagan Lake is providing 80% of the water that enters Osoyoos Lake. That means that the other 20% of the water that comes into Osoyoos Lake must be quite contaminated with P.

Cheers,

Ken Hall

No comments: